Saturday, May 29, 2010

10 Of The Greatest Quotes By Famous And Awesome Scientists

In this post I have listed 10 of the greatest quotes by famous scientists. They're not literally the greatest quotes ever, but more of my "favorite" quotes. I've been going through some of my old journals and in each journal I have some quotes I wrote down that I thought were interesting. I put 10 of them in this post. Hope you enjoy!

10 Greatest Quotes By Famous Scientists
1. "In rivers, the water that you touch is the last of what has passed and the first of that which comes; so with present time." -Leonardo da Vinci

2. "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself." -Einstein

3. “You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him discover it in himself.” -Galileo

4. “The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the Universe to do.” - Galileo

5. "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin

6. "An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."  -Charles Darwin

7. "A true friend is one soul in two bodies." -Aristotle

8. "He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." -Leonardo da Vinci

9. “If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants.” -Isaac Newton
10. "Imagination is more important than knowledge."-Einstein

 Read more quotes by:
Nikola Tesla
Albert Einstein
Leonardo da Vinci
Carl Sagan
Edwin Hubble
Benjamin Franklin
Galileo Galilei
Sigmund Freud
Charles Darwin